Back to Our Focused Sectors & Areas
Our Strengths in South and North Americas
The Mitsui-Soko Group started business in the North and South America regions 30 years ago and has established a network of the six subsidiaries completely covering the logistics gateways to the US: Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, El Paso, Savannah and New York. Each center is located near a port and/or airport, the best access to transportation, with 70 professionals providing superb services.
In addition to air, we handle various modes of inland transportation, including trucks and railroads. The collaboration with major US transport companies, such as CMI, realizes smooth and high quality delivery to major areas in this vast region. Our abundant experience in customs clearance for this area enables us to provide efficient cross-border transport services between the US and Mexico.
- Speedy and flexible delivery arrangement is possible using our own trucks, without waiting for consolidation.
- Storage facilities and logistics centers for specific categories, such as food, aerospace and dangerous goods, are available.
- We provide comprehensive supervision from domestic transport of heavy objects and factory equipment to their installation in factories.
- We are a certified participant in the C-TPAT (Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) program which is essential for smooth customs clearance in North America.
- Our own registered customs specialists enable speedy customs clearance and provide remote customs clearance service.
- We provide services taking advantage of South America-specific duty-free import measures such as the IMMEX Program and Maquiladora.
- We have sufficient knowledge of delivery rules for distribution centers of US major retailers, such as Walmart and Costco, manage distribution centers dedicated to food products certified by the FDA, and have our own refrigeration trucks for food.
- We acquired the AS9120 certification requiring strict transport requirements and quality management for the aerospace industry.