Policy for protection of personal information
Name of the company handling personal information
MITSUI-SOKO LOGISTICS CO., LTD.
Name or position, affiliation, and contact information for supervisor (or a proxy)
Supervisor name：Personal Information Protection Supervisor Motohiko Isetani
Department of affiliation: MITSUI-SOKO LOGISTICS CO., LTD. Business Management Headquarters
Contact: 19-21 Nihonbashi-hakozaki-cho, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo, 103-0015, Japan
Purpose for use of personal information
Purpose for use
(1) Purpose for use of personal information directly obtained in writing from the person (including from the home page and electronic mail, henceforth referred to as “in writing”). for answering inquiries regarding operations, IR, handling of personal information, or other general matters, that are received online or through other methods.
- Stockholder information: for announcements of information, shipping of brochures, or contact.
Customer information : To perform the delivery installation of home electronics and other products.For security management.
- Client information: for various contacts in business consultation and operations, receiving and
issuing orders, paying invoices, and security management.
- Employee information: for personnel and labor information of employees, operation management,
health management, or security management.
- Personal information regarding applicants for employment: for contact with applicants for
employment and the company’s employment management.
(2) Purpose for use of personal information obtained by methods other than in writing from the person
(excluding disclosed information)
Customer information: for various contacts in business consultation and operations, receiving and issuing
orders, paying invoices, security management, saving support records, and increase in support quality (phone
(3) Purpose for use of personal information outsourced from clients (excluding disclosed information)
Customer information: To perform the delivery installation of home electronics and other products
Provision of personal information to third parties
Our company will, excluding the following circumstances, refrain from providing customers’personal
information to third parties.
- (1) When we have received the person’s consent
- (2) When ordered to do so by law
- (3) When necessary to preserve a person’s life, wellbeing, or property, and the person’s consent
cannot be confirmed.
- (4) When especially necessary to improve public health or promote healthy rearing of children, and
the person’s consent cannot be confirmed.
- (5) When it is necessary to assist a national organization, local public body, or outsourced person
in carrying out a legal order, and when receiving the person’s consent may obstruct the carrying out of said
- (6) When in order to carry out operations smoothly, handling of personal information is in all or
part outsourced to a degree necessary for the accomplishment of the purpose of use.
Outsourcing of the handling of personal information
In our company’s business operations, we outsource part of our operations to external contractors in order
to provide the best possible service to our customers. When outsourcing operations, we in some instances
entrust personal information. In such a case, we select an outsourcing agent recognized as handling personal
information properly, determine via contract upon the necessary points for protection of customers’ personal
information through appropriate management and confidentiality, and then carry out proper management.
Request of disclosure, etc. of personal information
Customers may contact our help desk in regards to issues such as our disclosure of personal information
(notification of purpose of use, disclosure, change, addition, deletion of details, termination or elimination
of use, termination of provision to third parties). In the event that they do so, our company will confirm the
customer’s identity, and offer response within a reasonable period of time. In regards to details of requests
for disclosure, please refer to “Guide to the Request Process for Disclosure of Applicable Personal
Information” on our company’s home page.
Discretion with provided personal information
Customers decide at their own discretion whether or not to provide out company with personal information.
However, if we cannot receive the necessary information, we may not be able to provide services, etc.
About obtaining personal information when the person’s identity cannot easily be verified
Our company’s site uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) data encryption on all section in which personal
information is entered. Additionally, systems such as firewalls have been put in place for information
protection. However, due to the nature of internet transmissions, please be aware that we cannot guarantee
About designated personal information protection groups
Designated personal information protection groups are groups which, under the 37th Personal Information
Protection Act, have been certified by the appropriate cabinet minister, and exist for the purpose of
processing complaints related to the handling of applicable personal information, and ensuring proper handling
of personal information in provision of information to the applicable businesses.
Our company does not belong to a designated personal information protection group.
About complaints regarding handling of personal information
Our company will respond to complaints regarding use, provision, disclosure, change, or other handling of
personal information in an appropriate and reasonable period of time.
To file a complaint, please contact the Inquiry Help Desk.
Inquiry Help Desk
Inquiries or complaints from our customers regarding personal information will be received at the following
Mitsui-Soko Logistics Personal Information Inquiry Help Desk
Guide to requesting personal information applicable for disclosure
In regard to the disclosure-applicable personal information held by our company, in response to requests from a
person themselves or a proxy for notification of purpose of use, disclosure, the change, addition, or deletion
of details, termination or elimination of use, or termination of provision to a third party (henceforth
referred to as “requests for disclosure, etc.”), we will respond as described below to processes filed with
our company’s designated request form.
Location for requests for disclosure, etc.
We ask that requests for disclosure, etc. be filed with our company’s designated request form together with
the necessary documents and processing fee, and sent by mail to the location below.
Mitsui-Soko Logistics Personal Information Inquiry Help Desk
Documents to be submitted with the request for disclosure, etc.
When submitting a request for disclosure, etc., please mail the request form fully inscribed with the
information listed in “1)”, and the documents described in “2)”. Please print out the request form from the
provided PDF file.
1) Our company’s designated request forms
-  For notification of purpose of use
Request form for notification of purpose of use of disclosure-appropriate personal information
-  For disclosure of personal information
Request form for disclosure of disclosure-applicable personal information
-  For change, addition, or deletion, termination or elimination of use, or termination of provision
to third parties
Request form for change or termination of use, etc. of disclosure-applicable personal information
2) Documents necessary for personal identification
Please include a copy of one of the following forms of identification:
-  Driver’s license
-  Passport
-  Basic resident registration card
-  Residence card
-  Proof of enrollment in health insurance
-  Other official documents providing proof of identity
For requests for disclosure, etc. via proxy
For requests for disclosure, etc. made via proxy, please include copies of the following documents in
addition to the ones mentioned in 2).
-  Family registry
-  Proof of enrollment in health insurance
-  Certificate of registered matters
-  Other official certificates providing proof of legal right to proxy
Processing fee and method of payment for requests of disclosure, etc.
Only in the case of requests for notification of purpose of use or disclosure, the following fee is
required per request (which includes the fee for our response). Please include a postal money order for the
following amount along with the documents of the request.
Processing fee: 700 yen
Method of response to requests for disclosure, etc.
In principle, we will respond in writing (by sealed mail) to the address of the person entered on the request.
After receiving the request, we ask that our company be given a period of two business weeks for internal
investigation of the matter. In the event that more than 2 weeks will be required, our company will contact the
- ◇ Personal information obtained for the request for disclosure, etc. will be handled as necessary to
respond to the request for disclosure, etc.
- ◇ We may be unable to fulfill the request for disclosure, etc. in the following instances. In such
cases, we will provide notification and the reason.
-  If the identity of the person or their proxy cannot be confirmed
-  If the designated request form is incomplete
-  If the subject of the request for disclosure, etc. is inapplicable as disclosure-applicable
-  If the request endangers the life, wellbeing, property, or entailed benefits of the person or a
-  If our company judges that the request may create an impediment to the fulfillment of our
-  If the request violates the law
* Disclosure-applicable personal information personal information composed of
systematically gathered information, and our company reserves the right to respond to requests to disclose,
change, add, or delete details, terminate or eliminate use, or terminate provision of information to third
parties. However, in cases where the following a) through d) apply, “disclosure-applicable personal
information” is inapplicable.
- a) It becomes known that due to the presence or lack of the applicable personal information, the
life, wellbeing, or property of the person or a third party may be endangered
- b) It becomes known that due to the presence or lack of the applicable personal information,
criminal or improper activities may be aided or provoked
- c) It becomes known that due to the presence or lack of the applicable personal information,
national safety may be endangered, the relations with other countries or international organizations may be
damaged, or negotiations with other countries or international organizations may be negatively affected
- d) It becomes known that due to the presence or lack of the applicable personal information,
prevention, deterrence, or investigation of crime, or the maintenance of safety and public order will be